The attractions of the long sandy beaches, exquisite sunrises and mountain backdrop views, divine dinning, world class experiences and exclusive shops has brought many from far and wide to our popular Burleigh location. To cover all bases, we are now catering to those living more northern with our second facility in Ormeau located just 30 minutes from Brisbane CBD. If you are seeking a quick trip to visit our purple facility or perhaps you aren't too phased about missing out on the Southern beaches and can settle for a family holiday closer to the theme park attractions, discounted Harbour Town shopping and unlimited heavenly dinning options of the northern Gold Coast, Ormeau could be your new visiting location.
Take away the stress and let Amplify organise your GC stay inclusive of flights, transfers, accommodation, care support, equipment and more all of which the team will establish if its covered by your insurance funding.
Here are a few options for both North and South Gold Coast to get you started. You can be in contact with Michelle or Brett via firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website for more details https://www.amplifyats.com.au/
Here are a few hotels and resort options to get you started!
Ormeau Local Area:
Wheelchair friendly accommodations recommended by our friends at Amplify:
Big 4 Holiday Park Helensvale, Intercontinental Sanctuary Cove, Coomera Motor Inn, The Residences at Peniula
The fabulous food options are a bit more spread in the northern suburbs, rather than along the esplanade like Burleigh. Hot spots include Sanctuary Cove, Paradise Point, Marine Parade Labrador, Harbour Town, Coomera Westfield. A couple accessible friendly options include:
- Blue Water Grill
- 3 Sixty Restaurant Bar, Labrador
- Sanctuary Cover George's Paragon
- Bear Boy Cafe (walk-ins only)
- Yatala Pie
Burleigh Heads Local Area:
Wheelchair friendly accomodations which have been tried and tested by previous visitors:
Burleigh Esplanade Apartments, Solnamara, Burleigh Beach Tourist Park and Tallebudgera Tourist Park
It's no secret the Strides fam love a good foodie outing, so hear is a list of Wheelchair accessible foodie spots near by:
- Burleigh Hotel, the Miami, North Burleigh or Burleigh Surf clubs for a good pub style feed
- The Burleigh Pavilion, Rick shores or Jimmy Was for that insta perfect Foodie shot!
- Pink monkey or JFK Pizzeria for your wood fired pizza fix.
If you're looking at staying in and lucky enough to be staying in the area, you will be delighted to see the variety of foods available on Uber Eats, Deliveroo and Menu Log
Most of the Gold Coast famous attractions and activities are accessible, but here are some we have heard are well worth the visit!
- All theme parks/worlds
- Outback Spectacular
- Top Golf
- Yatala Drive-In Cinema
- Harbour Town Gold Class Cinemas
- Q1 Skypoint tower viewing deck and bar
- Strike Bowling
- Infinity and IFly indoor skydiving (both require calling the day prior)
- Event Cinemas at Robina and Pacific Fair
- Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary
Before, during or after your Strides session, you or your loved ones may get a little peckish! We are lucky to have a couple of cute and YUMMY spots within walking/rolling distance from our big purple facilities.
- Noego Cafe (3 shops down)
- Ormeau Village Shopping Centre (down the road)
- Zarraffas (down the road)
- Dovers Drop (at the front)
- St Barts Homewares and Next Door Espresso (around the corner)
- Macro Mike Cafe (across the road)
- Urban Snack Bar (across the road)
- BBQ Bazaar - Friday and Saturday afternoon/evenings
- Tree Tops and Stockland Shopping Centre
And last but of course NOT LEAST! A trip to the beach.
Most beaches on the coast now have beach mats as part of their set up - however the decide on a day-by-day basis as to whether they get put out. I believe this is guided by the "man power" they have available and the surf conditions. We have found calling ahead always helps and most are more than happy to accomodate.
- Tallebudgera Creek is out pick for a dip, with less waves and a short amount of sand to cross before reaching the water.
- Burleigh Heads is our next pick, beautiful views, a surf break and lots of surf watching to be done.
You can do more research into other ares through the GC council website HERE.